Saturday, October 15, 2016

Scraphappy Saturday - RSC16 - Week 42

Welcome to Week 42 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week was filled with very little sewing, as it was difficult to navigate the stairs to the studio with my BOOT on (and even MORE difficult if I left it off to walk.)

I'll start us off with one of my favorite ORANGE photos:



The photo was taken last year at the CCLQ @ The Bluff Quilt Retreat.  We were treated to glorious nightly sunsets overlooking the shores of Lake Ontario.  Oh, how I would love to visit, again!!

SUNDAY was a quiet day.  It was mainly spent icing and elevating my foot.  I did venture up to the sewing room long enough to do THIS prep work:


On MONDAY, after Knit Group, I grabbed some sushi from Asian Harbor in Mebane and came home to see if I could sew.  HERE is how far I got... star points.  Period.  End of sewing:



What about seahorses for the center???



TUESDAY was my birthday, so I slept late and lounged around the house until... I got a text from a friend asking for help.  Off I went and THIS was in the mailbox when I returned:




Pin Cushion Swap, anyone???

By the time I was finished photographing and sending thanks to my swap partner, DH was home and ready to head out for my birthday dinner at Tripp's in Durham.  Hot Fudge Cake for dessert.  YUM!!!


Thank you, again, to Janet over at Rogue Quilter blog.

On WEDNESDAY, I mailed out these QOV Block Drive blocks for my friend AlyciaQuilts out in Colorado:



On the way to Mebane Knights for my birthday celebration with The Knit Girls.  Fun, fun!!!  Thanks, ladies.

THURSDAY is the day that I attend my weekly Quilt Group meeting.  This week was at Ella's and there was a surprise waiting for me:



This beautiful hand beaded bracelet was made by my friend, Jean. It's a House Divided Bracelet... RED for NC State and BLUE for Carolina.  State for DS1 and UNC for DS2!! Such a thoughtful gift.


Thank you, Jean!!

FRIDAY turned out to be a knitting day (since my friend, Kim, was off work today.)  I putzed around the house during most of the afternoon, but did get that ONE Maverick Star in ORANGE done... when I was SUPPOSED to be packing projects for Quilt Camp:



It's SATURDAY and that means that it's time for Angela's LINK PARTY over on the So Scrappy blog.

Today is my monthly Quilt Bee meeting.  We will be back at Ella's (since her house was already clean from Thursday!!)

The afternoon will be spent packing for Quilt Camp and the evening is all for DS2's FIRST jazz performance with the UNC Jazz Band!!!  Should be AWESOME!!!  (I'll try to add an update before leaving for Quilt Camp tomorrow. No promises, though.)

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!


15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very busy, but productive week. Hope your foot is healing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm up for a pin cushion swap
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Love the orange star, and both centers. Make two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure manage to do a lot even with the dreadful boot. Okay it wasn't much sewing but still you got around. I have another place for you to go to. It's not far. Hop over to my blog. You might enjoy some pictures.
    https://atthecornerofscrapandquilts.blogspot.ca/2016/10/itis-so-bright.html
    Love the sunset picture. Awesome.
    Take care! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care of yourself and let others help you. We don't have to be strong mothers all the time.. Have a wonderful birthday and concert.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! And thanks for the reminder to get my QOV blocks mailed to Alycia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having worn a boot before I can share your joys :) Happy birthday and here's hoping that boot hits the road asap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a week it was for you! You got a lot accomplished and still got a start block. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday. I was wondering if you are able to drive with the foot boot but it sounds like you are getting around pretty well. Your maverick star looks great. Hope the injury heals quickly so you can hobble up the stairs to the sewing studio.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!! Hope your foot heals very fast! And I love all the projects - you sure do get a lot done for a foot up kinda girl ( ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love wonky star blocks. Happy Birthday! Hot Fudge Cake. Love how you think, girlfriend. Hope your foot heals quickly. Bless your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! And what a beautiful pin cushion from Jan! Love the sunset photo as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.