Saturday, November 5, 2016

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC16 - Week 45

Welcome to Week 45 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week concludes the monthly color assignments from Angela over at So Scrappy blog.  Her focus has shifted in order to encourage us to finish up the projects that we have been working on throughout the year.

SUNDAY - Good morning!  I'm having an asthma attack. Yippee!! (Don't worry... I'm fine now.)  Not sure what happened but it took a while to clear my airway.  My friends and I enjoyed another lap around the vendor booths:


Decisions, decisions... YELLOW or brown with gray and black?  And notice the RAINBOW yarn in the background!!

Before saying...

Goodbye, SAFF!!!

The weather couldn't have been better for our drive home. Unfortunately, DH was at his mother's when I returned and that left me to unload the car on my own.  :o((

MONDAY - Happy Halloween!!  Knit Group meeting welcomed a guest today.  I didn't take a photo, but thoroughly enjoyed meeting Cindy's friend from Ireland!  (Please note that I repaid my debts from last week's blunder of leaving my wallet at home.)


ORANGE in my new Halloween project bag purchased at SAFF.  TOO cute!!

Today is the LAST day of October.  Time for my Month in Review tally of block production...

TWO Maverick Stars:




ONE Slab Block:



ONE String Block:



ONE Tiny Nine:



For a Total of FIVE blocks made in shades of ORANGE/YELLOW during the month of October:



How many Rainbow Crumbs were added this month, Joyful?

ZERO!!!  I didn't make any before going away and today just wasn't a sewing sort of day.  This may be the 1st month in nearly TWO YEARS that I haven't made AT LEAST ONE!!!  :o((

At the end of the day, I found that Kat has posted a new Block Drive for Covered in Love.  I'm looking forward to stitching a block or two (or 10!!)  Won't you join me?  It's for a worthy cause.

TUESDAY - Welcome November!!  Wash dishes, do laundry, clean the house.  (So glad that I'm back from a weekend away... NOT!!)

LOOK at the colors I saw on the way to the mailbox:

Leftovers from summer...


Alongside evidence of autumn:


WEDNESDAY - Finish getting the house ready because...


The quilters are coming, the quilters are coming!!!


THURSDAY - Today, I welcomed the members of my weekly Quilt Group  to our house.  I was given a bag of scraps and I'm pleased to report that there was a RAINBOW of colors represented in there:


The afternoon's activities were up in the air, but I was scheduled to visit my favorite little friends this evening. Don't wait up, as I'm going to be out late!!

FRIDAY - Bonus Knitting is on today's agenda.  I know, I know!!  I just came from a fiber festival, but it's always difficult for me to get back in the swing of things after being away.  Soooo... another day to knit seemed an important way to finish out the week.

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day, y'all!!  Go see what the overachievers have posted!  Some of the RSC Quilters have probably finished some Challenge projects.  How, I don't know, but they probably have!!

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

6 comments:

  1. knitting and quilting. Making by hand! Using color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not me! I really need to pull out some crochet but too many things going at once right now. I think I'm just going to pick one thing and see if I can get a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your orange and yellow blocks are so pretty, especially the wonky stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't put yourself down. Hardly any of us get projects done that often. You reach some goals every week, the good thing about small goals. You still have two months to finish that crumb block. Have a fun week!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see all your scrappy efforts assembled into quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will miss the monthly color, but I have plenty to keep me busy, and lots of scraps to sort.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.